What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and refers to the optimization of your website in order to help it rank in the top positions of the search engine results page (SERP) and earn more traffic. It only applies to websites and profiles and aims to promote more effectively a service, a product or a person on the Internet.
Improving your website’s ranking, making it to the top of the search engine results page, increases your visitor traffic, as it improves its visibility to a large part of Internet users. In fact, the vast majority of users that use keywords to search for websites mainly focuses on the first page of the search results. In addition, when a website ranks in the first page, it attracts more visitors; the higher it ranks, the more visitors it will receive. In fact, the top three websites attract more than 50% of the total visitor traffic.
How to achieve the best SEO
There are two categories of SEO: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
On-page seo refers to certain programming procedures that affect the source code of your website in order to make it more search engine friendly.
Off-page seo refers to the techniques that help optimize your website through third-party websites. These outside of your boundaries websites are social networks, business directories, blogs as well as all news websites which we use to advertise and promote your website.
Is SEO necessary for my website?
Not only is it important, but also necessary! The goal of each website which is exposed on the Internet is to be profitable. Designing a website not only is the work of the web design company that you will choose, but also yours. The texts and the style of your website should correspond with your company’s profile. Therefore, the work and the money that you invest should make an impact. Building a beautiful website that only you and friends can see is not useful to your business.
The desired results of the SEO
- Your website ranks at the top of the search engine result page
- You increase the visitor traffic of your website
- You achieve more commercial sales
- You improve the value of Google’s PageRank algorithm, and thus your website’s ranking
Does SEO always produce the desired results?
Helping a website rank at the top of the search engine results page depends on the type and the goals of each business. For example, optimizing a website whose products are addressed to the international market, meaning that it has to compete with hundreds of other similar companies, is much more demanding than optimizing a website whose target market is the local market of a city.
Before taking up a SEO project, there are certain factors to be considered, such as:
- The size of your target market, whether it is local, national or international
- The number of the active websites of your competitors
- The number of keywords or keyword phrases that you target
- The number of search engines in which you aim to rank as higher as possible
- The degree to which your existing website is search engine friendly
The advantages of SEO
Hexabit undertakes the Search Engine Optimization of your website, increasing its traffic and choosing the appropriate keywords for you.
The benefits of SEO are the following:
- It costs less and lasts longer.
- It ensures a better exposure of your website in the long term.
- Your website’s coding becomes more accurate and thus it is easier for search engines to find it. As a result, your website stays at the top of the search engine results for a long time.
- SEO builds a strong, long-lasting relationship of trust between your website and the search engines.
TipOptimize your website and advertise your work. Besides, “doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark” (Steuart H. Britt).